Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

To Read :: A Tale Dark and Grimm




I added this book to my to-read list a couple of months ago because the cover caught my eye and I am actually really looking forward to reading it. I saw it posted on Scholastic's Book Box Daily blog and I'm planning on purchasing it soon. My students love The Sisters Grimm series and I think this will be a great addition to my classroom library.

Title: A Tale Dark and Grimm
Author: Adam Gidwitz
Publisher: Puffin; Dutton Juvenile (November 2010)
Genre: Fantasy 







Awards: 



Summary from Goodreads:
In this mischievous and utterly original debut, Hansel and Gretel walk out of their own story and into eight other classic Grimm-inspired tales. As readers follow the siblings through a forest brimming with menacing foes, they learn the true story behind (and beyond) the bread crumbs, edible houses, and outwitted witches.

Fairy tales have never been more irreverent or subversive as Hansel and Gretel learn to take charge of their destinies and become the clever architects of their own happily ever after.




I can't stop looking at the cover art. I hope the story is as good as it sounds!  


1 comment:

  1. I can see why you are fascinated by that cover -- it is definitely an eye-catcher. I look forward to your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs