Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Review: Smitten by Colleen Coble, Kristen Billerbeck, Diann Hunt & Denise Hunter


Title: Smitten
Author: Colleen Coble, Kristin Billerbeck, Diann Hunt & Denise Hunter
Publisher: Thomas Nelson (December 2011)

Source: Received from publisher via NetGalley
Summary from Goodreads:
With Smitten Lumber closing, residents wonder if their town can stay afloat. Then four friends and local business owners decide the town is worth saving: they'll turn it into a honeymoon destination. Little do they know that love is already on the way.
Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book. I loved the title, the setting, and most importantly, the characters. I think it was a great compilation of writing from four accomplished authors. It is not easy to make a story flow with so many writers, but they did an excellent job of connecting the four stories and perspectives together even though they each have their own style of writing.

My favorite story was Natalie's. I think it's because she seemed the most realistic to me. Her self-doubt and insecurities resonated with me and I sympathized with her the most. I enjoyed the other characters, but they did not have as much depth in my opinion.

I loved the setting of Smitten, a small town in Vermont, because it reminded me a lot of Stars Hallow from the show, "Gilmore Girls." Even though I don't live in a small-town, I love (and probably overly romanticize) the idea of living in one. 

I loved the theme of letting go and trusting God because it's a daily struggle for me to do the same. A wonderful, light read! Perfect for Christmastime!


Rating:
4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs