Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-Thon: Update #1


I am participating in a Read-a-Thon this weekend. This one is hosted by My Shelf Confessions and Kindle Fever. It is not too late to sign-up if you are interested in participating. There are lots of fun challenges going on and prizes to win!

When I signed up for this, I didn't realize it was the same weekend that my hubby would be away at a Men's Retreat with our church. How I'm going to find some time to read while being a single parent to a very active toddler will be my challenge this weekend, but I am excited to participate in this Read-a-Thon. I've wanted to participate in one for awhile now, so here we go!

Obviously, I don't expect to get much read this weekend so I won't set myself up for disappointment by giving myself way too lofty goals. Thus, my goal for this Read-a-Thon is to finish the book that I am in right now:

Title: The White Queen
Author: Philippa Gregory

Publisher: Touchstone (August 18, 2009)

Summary from Goodreads:
Philippa Gregory presents the first of a new series set amid the deadly feuds of England known as the Wars of the Roses.

Brother turns on brother to win the ultimate prize, the throne of England, in this dazzling account of the wars of the Plantagenets. They are the claimants and kings who ruled England before the Tudors, and now Philippa Gregory brings them to life through the dramatic and intimate stories of the secret players: the indomitable women, starting with Elizabeth Woodville, the White Queen.

The White Queen tells the story of a woman of extraordinary beauty and ambition who, catching the eye of the newly crowned boy king, marries him in secret and ascends to royalty. While Elizabeth rises to the demands of her exalted position and fights for the success of her family, her two sons become central figures in a mystery that has confounded historians for centuries: the missing princes in the Tower of London whose fate is still unknown. From her uniquely qualified perspective, Philippa Gregory explores this most famous unsolved mystery of English history, informed by impeccable research and framed by her inimitable storytelling skills.

With The White Queen, Philippa Gregory brings the artistry and intellect of a master writer and storyteller to a new era in history and begins what is sure to be another bestselling classic series from this beloved author.

As of Saturday morning: I am currently on page 82.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs