Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Summer Reading 2011 :: San Diego County Library Summer Reading Club

Summer Reading 2011

School is out and summertime is in the air! That means lots of time in the sun, pool, and riding bikes. I loved summer breaks as a kid and now as an educator, I still enjoy the respite from the busy school year.

As an educator, I cannot stress enough how important it is that children have fun during their summer break, but that they also spend a regular time each day reading as well. Even though summer is all about relaxing, it is so important that kids read everyday. I tell my students and their parents all the time that the only way you can become a better reader is by reading. The more you read, the better you get at it. The better you get at it, the more you want to read.

Summertime is an excellent time to visit your local libraries because they put on free summer reading programs. At my visit to my local library last week, I picked up some fliers on their summer reading club and wanted to share it with you.


The San Diego Country Library has a Summer Reading Club for all ages from babies to adults. When I first walked past the Summer Reading Club table, I told the girl I wasn't interested because my baby was too young but she said babies could participate and so could I!

Here are instructions on how to sign up:

Signing up one person:
1) Go to the Summer Reading website
2) Click on the correct button
  • Babies and Toddlers
  • Kids
  • Tweens
  • Teens
  • Adults
3) Click on "Sign Me Up"
4) Fill out form and click "Save"

Signing Up a Family on One Card:
1) Sign up one family member and click "Save"
2) Click on the "Add Member" button
3) On the pop-up, pick the appropriate program from the drop down menu, then click "Continue"
4) Fill out the form and click "Save"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs