Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

The Day the Crayons Quit Event at Barnes and Noble


My girls and I had the opportunity to go to The Day the Crayons Quit culminating event at our local Barnes and Noble bookstore. 


For several weeks now, they've had these sheets out for kids to use crayons and draw/write a petition to the crayons, pleading with them to not quit!


I thought it was a very cute event celebrating a well-loved picture book by Drew Daywalt and illustrated by Oliver Jeffers. It was great to see so many kids come out to participate, eagerly awaiting the final decision from the crayons.


The kids were given a balloon and then we paraded around the store chanting, "Crayons, don't quit! Crayons, don't quit!" Even if the adults were the louder ones, it was still fun for the kids to go all around the store in their little balloon parade.


Then, they opened the mysterious package they received from the crayons which had copies of a letter written to the kids. 


The crayons decided NOT to quit! Yay! 



I know I'm biased, but aren't my kids the cutest crayons ever?! 

It was a great event and I look forward to attending more with my girls in the future. They were a little young to fully comprehend this one, but it was fun to participate in. Thanks, Barnes and Noble! 




#thebookishmama

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs