Pages

Friday, December 5, 2014

Five on Friday :: November 7, 2014



1) Came across this tumblr, Postcards to Authors. What a great idea! It's a project to say thank you to authors who write great books. 

2) People often ask me how I get any reading done, especially with two little kids under the age of 5. In all honesty, I don't get a LOT of reading, but I just read fast so when I DO get a chance to read, I binge read (very similar to binge-watching shows on Netflix). However, this article about how this guy Reads 60 Books a Year is full of helpful tips and strategies on how to get more reading in your schedule. On a side note, I personally get a little pressure to read regularly whenever I set my Goodreads Challenge each year. This year, I set it pretty low at 25 books this year, but in years past, I've set it at 50 books a year. 

3) I am a little (read: a LOT) obsessed with HelloGiggles.com. It's pretty much a website made just for me. I love all the articles and I love that they are also obsessed with the same things I am (i.e., Zooey Deschanel, Gilmore Girls, girl empowerment... ) I loved this list of 20 Quotes from Funny Women
A photo posted by @oliverjeffers on
4) In my next life, I think I'd like to be a children's book illustrator. Until then, here is a great list from Buzzfeed of 18 Illustrators You Need to Follow on Instagram

5) It seems like either I've knowingly (and possibly, unknowingly) have befriended many introverts on my social media networks because I keep seeing this Hamster Ball infographic to explain How to Understand Introverts. Not gonna lie, it's pretty accurate. I'm actually "hamster balling" right now next to my hubby on the couch while I write this blog post and I'm completely content. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs