Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Throwback Thursday :: 3 :: The Berenstain Bears


This week's Throwback Thursday is spotlighting The Berenstain Bears series. These books were the first series of books that I read as young child and I loved the stories. I also enjoyed looking at the pictures. There was always a moral to the story and I enjoyed reading them over and over and over again.


Another reason why I have a soft spot in my heart for The Berenstain Bears has to do with my grandpa. My paternal grandparents lived with us and helped raise us while my parents worked all day. When I was really young, my grandpa would take us to the mall and whenever we would go together, he would let me pick out a book. And thus began my collection of The Berenstain Bears books. It is such a sweet memory of mine and I hope my kids will enjoy this series when they are of age too.


I have bought a few Berenstain Bears books for my daughter and I've noticed there's a new character in the books. There's a baby named Honey. What's strange about it is they've incorporated her into some of the older books where Honey wasn't there before. Not a huge deal by any means, but just a little strange for me to go back and look at some of my favorite titles as a kid and see different pictures where they've added Honey. It's almost like she's photoshopped into them.


I also noticed that there are many Christian faith-related books that they've published. I didn't know that Stan and Jan Berenstain were Christian writers. All the more reason to share these with my daughter when she's more interested in hearing the story and not just chomping in the book. :)



Which Berenstain Bears book was your favorite?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs