Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

One Little Word 2015 :: Embrace

Photo credit: @randomolive on Instagram


I decided to participate in Ali Edward's "One Little Word" this year. I've seen it on blogs and IG for several years now, but I think I was finally ready for it this year. 

I had a hard time narrowing it down into exactly what I wanted. If it were up to me, it would probably be all convoluted and be like your "top 5 words" or something. I'm glad it's "ONE Little Word" because I do need to FOCUS this year. 

I played with cherish, shine, content, grace... but it was EMBRACE that finally encapsulated what I wanted for 2015. 

Being the word nerd that I am, I knew I had to pick a word that had a definition that I liked and when I looked up, "embrace." It was perfect. 

To accept willingly

Those that know me in real life, know that I am very adverse to change. I don't like the unknown. Didn't like it as a kid and have grown to despise and fear it as an adult. I'm glad my faith helps me with this, but I really want to stress less this year about things that are out of control. I was things to brush off me easier and not stick to me long after the fact. I want mean words, cruel actions, and bad feelings to just roll off me easier instead of festering and find root in my heart. 

On the same token, I also want to be more content with God's blessings. Sometimes I feel guilty almost for being happy, especially when people are hurting around me, but I don't think that's why God blesses you. I think you're supposed to have open hands and whatever God gives you, you should take with a thankful heart. So, in that sense, I'm hoping to also accept willingly

Lastly, I saw something on IG that someone posted because they also chose "embrace" as their OLW. I want to work on accepting myself for who I am, weaknesses, faults, flaws, and all. This is a part of wanting to be who I am and not worry about what other people think or what I think other people think I should be. Also, I want to accept my children for who they are and not who I want them to be. 

To hold in one's arms

I am hugger. I love hugs. I think I give pretty good hugs too. ;) I like the warmth in this definition that it brings to the word. My husband and I are super affectionate and cuddly people, especially with each other and our girls. So, I'm hoping that my OLW will help me to remember to embrace my children even amongst the really stressful days. To be more present and patient with them. To spend more time holding them and enjoying the everyday moments today.

So there you have it, my One Little Word for 2015. I've been meditating on it several times already, especially after returning to work. :)

What's your One Little Word?

Check out more with the hashtags: #onelittleword #OLW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs