I was looking for a way to wrap up my bookish year and found this here! Yay!
Number Of Books You Read: I read 44+ books this year. (I added a "+" because I know I didn't record every picture book I read this year. I'll try harder, next year.)
Number of Re-Reads: 0 re-reads this year (which is really unusual for me, but with limited time to read, I wanted to read new things!)
Genre You Read The Most From: Picture books, actually!
1. Best Book You Read In 2014?
Overall: My favorite would have to be Quiet: The Power of Introverts in the World that Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain. It was absolutely life-changing and empowering.
YA: The Fault in Our Stars. I finally read it to find out what all the fuss was all about and it was so worth it.
Graphic Novel: In Real Life was something I picked up randomly and I loved it!
Picture book: Flora and the Penguin. It was so interactive, yet simple and fun to read.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
A Wrinkle in Time (graphic novel). I just couldn't get into it, even in picture form.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
I knew that I would like Quiet and The Fault in Our Stars, but I didn't know how much I'd LOVE them. They definitely surprised me in a good way.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
Quiet. It changed this introvert's life and I had to shout about it from the rooftops, especially to my fellow introvert friends.
5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
I didn't really read any series other than The Year of _____ books by Andrea Chang. I read two 2nd books in a series though.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
I know everyone else has loved him for a long time, but I'd go with John Green.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
In Real Life. I really got into read graphic novels this year and loved this one.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
The Fault in Our Stars
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
No plans to re-read any of my 2014 books.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
The Meaning of Maggie
11. Most memorable character of 2014?
Hazel Grace in The Fault in Our Stars.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
The Fault in Our Stars
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
Quiet and The Fault in Our Stars (Notice a theme, here?)
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Shortest: Numerous picture books. Not sure which one was exactly the shortest.
Longest: I didn't read any really long ones this year, but I think it would be When I Fall in Love.
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Flora and the Penguin. I saw it all over the blogosphere and couldn't get the hype, but loved it when I finally read it. So simple, yet so fun and interactive. Sweet story too!
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Maggie's relationship with her dad in The Meaning of Maggie.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Sam & Dave Dig a Hole by Mac Barnett, illustrated by Jon Klassen (whom I adore!)
21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
The Meaning of Maggie and I'm glad I did!
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
Tanner Burkhardt from Princess Ever After by Rachel Hauck.
23. Best 2014 debut you read?
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Quest was beautiful!
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
The Year of the Fortune Cookie
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
The Fault in Our Stars
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
In Real Life
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Beloved (because I had such a hard time understanding it)
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
I need to finish I Am Malala for my book club. I keep putting it off to read other things, but I'm hoping to finish it this week.
2. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
I just hope to blog more. No pressure, just blog. :)
Happy New Year! Wishing you a blessed 2015!