Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

#SOL15 Day 11 :: March 11, 2015 :: The One with the Open Love Letter to my Work Wifey


The March Slice of Life Story Challenge
hosted at the Two Writing Teachers
Join us for a month of writing!

An Open Love Letter to My Work Wifey



Dear Work Wifey, 
I am so thankful for you. 

I just wanted you to know that I am so glad that you're around to talk me down from the "cliff" and keep me sane whenever I just want to throw a huge pity party. You listen to me gripe each day, about the same things most of the time, and still find ways to encourage me to be better and to be more positive. When stupid things make me cry and I feel like everything is falling apart, you're there to help pick up the pieces. When I doubt myself, you remind me of my self-worth. You're there to give me a hug when I need one. A true blue friend. 

I love that our students are so close and that both of our classes are just one big ol' family because you and I get along so well. It is so much fun to share kids with you because they get the more-relaxed (aka young and fun) teacher in you, and the more-serious (aka party-pooper) teacher in me. It's a nice balance. Plus, I think they know us so well at this point of the year that when we get all goofy and dorky, they can't help but roll their eyes and laugh with (or at?) us. Haha! 

Speaking of, thank you for inspiring me and pushing me to be a better teacher. I love that our perfectionism and quest to learn more and more just rubs off on each other. That we are on our journey of becoming the best teacher we can be, together. Plus, it's nice to have a familiar face (and someone to pass notes with) at the professional development trainings. The best part is that it never feels like a competition between us. We are each other's biggest fans because it's true when they say that a rising tide lifts all boats. I appreciate that we don't feel threatened by each other's success and get into all that "girl drama" with each other. 


I love that we share a love of teaching, reading, crafts, Pure Barre, blogging... and many other things. Plus, who else would I want to text with all night? It's a good thing we have unlimited texts. *wink* 

It warms my heart when Lily is spelling names that start with J, she lists her friends and adds "Auntie Jenny" to her list. Whenever she hears your name, she asks if you're coming over to play. It's like you're a part of our family. 

You're the JT to my Jimmy Fallon. You make me laugh with all the #thingsJennydoes. Thank you for your friendship. I hope you know how much you mean to me. 

My dear work wifey, I love you! Here's to finishing this quarter strong! 

Xoxo,
Jasmine


P.S. I'm glad we're doing this SOL challenge together this month. :) 



6 comments:

  1. I have tears coming out of my eyes. #emotional

    I am so thankful for you. I could not have said what you mean to me better. Thank you so much for always being there for me as well!

    Love,
    #workwifey

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to have a work wife you trust with your students and someone you can brainstorm with and teach with! You're lucky to have found that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to have a work wife you trust with your students and someone you can brainstorm with and teach with! You're lucky to have found that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is a rare gift indeed to have this kind of awesome friendship working relationship. treasure it! although I have worked with many awesome folks through the years, I have only had this kind of magic once---what wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful letter to your work wife and friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to have such a close work-friend! Well, to have a friend so close anyways, but to be able to work with such a friend, very cool :D
    I've been content to not really have a social life, but this looks appealing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs