Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2015

#SOL15 Day 14 :: March 14, 2014 :: The One about Color


The March Slice of Life Story Challenge
hosted at the Two Writing Teachers
Join us for a month of writing!

Color



For as long as I can remember, I have always loved to color. 

When I was a kid, if I wasn't reading, I was probably doing some kind of art project. You'd find me making a pop-up book that I learned how to do from a book that I had checked out from the library. Or you'd find me adding notes into my various notebooks about ideas I wanted to remember and drawings I wanted to keep. Often times, you'd find me filling up coloring books. 

I participated in day 2 of an Art Training today put on by my school district and the California Arts Project. I'm kind of a "professional development junkie" because it fuels my love of learning. Plus, I don't think my district has ever offered training in art, so this was perfect for me. I am excited about finding ways to integrate art more into my instruction because I know that they don't get it enough and when they do, they just LOVE it. 

Today, we got to paint and explore color. I don't remember the last time I painted anything. It was so soothing to my soul. I think I realize that whenever I do find time to use my creative juices, I feel more whole, more complete, more like the person I was meant to be.

Here's to remembering to carve out creative time for myself. Spring break, I have so many plans for you! 





3 comments:

  1. Your students are blessed to have you as a teacher; your passion is inspiring :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite aunt used to sit and color with us, what a fun memory.
    I wish we'd have an art PD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite aunt used to sit and color with us, what a fun memory.
    I wish we'd have an art PD!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs