Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2015

#SOL15 Day 12 :: March 12, 2015 :: The One Where I Leave it at the Barre


The March Slice of Life Story Challenge
hosted at the Two Writing Teachers
Join us for a month of writing!

Leave it at the Barre


To say that it's been a stressful week would probably be an understatement. I've worked myself to the bone for about a week and a half now... and I'm tired. 

Working through my lunches. Staying up late to finishing grading. Carrying around never-ending to-do lists that seem to grow faster than they get checked out. From the moment I've opened my eyes, it's been nonstop until my head hits the pillow. I don't even remember the last thing I watched on TV because it's been THAT long since I've even had time to do anything not work-related, or kid-related for myself. 

It's definitely the madness that engulfs March each year. March Madness, indeed.

On a more positive note, I am thankful that my husband watches the girls on his own about 2-3 times a week so that I can get away and go work out at Pure Barre.

I love Pure Barre (especially my home studio, Pure Barre Eastlake). I work my whole body from top to bottom in an hour long workout. My body is being sculpted in ways I never thought possible. For the first time in my life, I am able to do a full push-up. It's not pretty, but it's also not on my knees either. Holding a 90 second plank is becoming easier and easier each time. I find myself pushing myself physically and mentally in ways that I've never thought I was strong enough for. I love the people at my studio. They are always encouraging and it's nice to know that we are all one big family helping each other live happier and healthier lives. 

So this week, the stress and burdens I've been carrying on my shoulders feel a little lighter after tonight's class. It's definitely heavier than usual, but here's to leaving it at the barre. 

#leaveitatthebarre



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs